Students With Disabilities: MarshAccess
Meadowlands Environment Center programs are designed to meet the needs of all learners-- especially those with disabilities! We are familiar with educating students in grades K-12 as well as adults, and have developed programs based on a student’s functional ability to participate rather than what academic level their age would indicate.
If you are registering for a program and have a student with special needs, please select the “MarshAccess” checkbox while completing your registration.
* The class size for MarshAccess programs is limited to 15 students per class with a least one chaperone per 5 students. If your class size is larger than 15 students, please contact the Director of Disability Education, Michele Daly, at 201-460-4623 to discuss your students' needs.
Although our programs have been designed according to the principals of Universal Design for Learning, prior notification to the MEC about students with special needs in your group will better ensure their full participation in all program activities.
The following adapted programs are listed according to the grade level the students function at:
- Astounding Adaptations
- Sustainable Living
- The Meadowlands is "For the Birds!"
- Peek at the Past: An Archaeological Adventure
- Solar Energy: That's Hot!
- Worms and Friends: Compost Happens
- Estuary Explorers
- Balancing Act: Humans and Biodiversity
- DO in Your H2O
- Ecology of the Estuary
- Life Cycle of Stars
- Power Trip: Exploring Renewable Energy
For programs for adults 18 years or older, please click here to visit our Adult MarshAccess offerings.
For more information or to discuss your students' needs and any disability-related accommodations that may be required, please contact the Director of Disability Education, Michele Daly, at 201-460-4623.